If you’re like most of us, you may have indulged this past holiday weekend, whether at your annual bbq or enjoying that token ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles. And, ever since hanging out with Michael’s Pop Pop, I swear my sweet tooth has stepped it up a notch, insisting on dessert after every meal. But, eating refined sugar just doesn’t make me look or feel good.
To counter these experiences, you could go cold turkey and cut out and swear off all sweets- depriving yourself of something you enjoy (which will probably lead you to feel unhappy and eventually binge on these forbidden foods). OR… you can give into these cravings in a healthy way…. with a treat that’s nutritious enough to have for breakfast!
No Guilt, Gluten-Freen, Vegan, Cacao- Banana Breakfast Bread
1 1/2 cup Almond Meal
1 1/2 Ripened/ Soft Bananas
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
2 tbsp Cacao
7 drops liquid stevia
Water to help blend/mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a square or small rectangular baking dish
3. Mix all ingredients together in mixer or blender. If mixing in mixer or by hand, mix liquids together first, then dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and add together
4. Bake for about 30 minutes
5. Let cool, refrigerate to help solidify, and enjoy!