Breakfast of Champions
While I love my smoothies, I sometimes like to switch it up and make a heartier breakfast, filled with protein, healthy fats, and the perfect clean carb. It gives me the energy, focus, and satiation I need to keep me going strong all morning long, without feeling full and bloated. Plus, because of the high protein and low carb ratio, it helps balance out my blood sugar levels, which is crucial to keeping a healthy weight, body, and mind!
Try it out and let me know how you feel after your Breakfast of Champions.
2 egg whites
2 handfuls green of choice (spinach, kale, swiss chard)
1/3 – 1/2 an avocado (depending on the size)
1/2 sweet potato
1 tbsp coconut oil for pan
2 tsp olive oil
Directions (sweet potato): 2 variations
- Drizzle the opened face side of the sweet potato with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake on 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Optional: add cinnamon for some morning sweetness.
- Cut the sweet potato into slices or small chunks. Mix pieces in olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake on 350 for 20 minutes (or longer if you want them dark and crispier)
Directions (eggs and avocado):
- Pour coconut oil into frying pan and let pan heat up.
- Add the greens of choice and cook thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl add the egg and 2 egg whites. The best way to get just the white is to crack the egg on the side of the bowl, take one side of the shell away, and slowly transfer the yolk from shell half to other half, allowing the whites to fall through into the bowl. Whisk eggs together and then add to the frying pan. Add sea salt.
- Scramble the egg mixture and greens together. Then serve on a plate with the sweet potato or wedges and top with sliced up avocado.
Pour yourself a nice cup of black coffee or green or black tea. Sit back. Relax. And enjoy….