2, 6 ounce cans of salmon
4 egg whites
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 small heads broccoli
3 tbsp coconut oil
Sea salt, pepper, garlic to season
- In a bowl, combine the salmon and eggs/egg whites and mix well.
- Add coconut flour to mixture and combine thoroughly. Let sit for 5 minutes to let the flour absorb the eggs.
- Mix in seasonings as desired.
- In a large skillet, at the coconut oil and heat.
- While skillet is heating, add water and broccoli to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once you get a boil, cover saucepan and reduce heat to low.
- While broccoli is cooking, use a spoon to scoop out the salmon mixture (one heaping spoon should make each cake), place on heated skillet and flatten the top of each cake. Once the cake starts to bubble, flip over and cook on the other side. Let each side brown and get slightly crispy.
- Mixture should yield about 8-9 salmon cakes.
- Once broccoli is slightly softened, remove from heat, drain water, and add broccoli to a serving bowl.
- Share with friends or loved ones and enjoy!