One of my favorite sweet vegetables- especially in the winter- is sweet potato. But after a while, always eating your potatoes the same way can get a bit boring, so I’m constantly looking for ways to spice it up! One thing I like to do is mix it with another veggie or fruit, so I thought I’d get my greens in (with some tasty flavor) by tossing kale into the mixture.
This is probably one of the easiest side dishes you can make! All you have to do is wash, cut, drizzle, and bake!
Check out the recipe below, and let me know your favorite side dish!
SWEET POTATO KALE CRUNCH
– Serves 2-
2 small/ medium sweet potatoes (or 1 large_
3 cups organic kale
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking dish and baking sheet with tin foil (to save you the mess later!).
2. Wash and cut sweet potato into thin slices, and then cut the slices in half.
3. Place sweet potatoes in lined baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil olive and mix with hands until sweet potatoes are coated. Top with sea salt and place in oven for 35 minutes.
4. Wash kale and chop into bite size pieces. Toss onto lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, and mix well. Once you have 20 minutes left for potatoes, add the kale to the oven.
5. When the veggies are finished, remove from oven and mix together in a bowl. Add it to your morning eggs or as a side to your burger.