This little patty is a spin-off of an all American favorite: chicken fingers. But, instead of using chicken tenders, I went with chicken burgers and used coconut flour and organic extra virgin olive oil instead of breading and a deep fryer to whip these up. So, not only do they taste ridiculous, but they are super healthy and completely grain free.
You can make your own chicken burgers out of ground chicken, eggs, and coconut flour, or you can go the easy route, like I did, and use pre-made chicken burgers. ** Just be aware of the chicken you are using. If you can get organic, great, but aim to at least buy chicken that is free of antibiotics and added hormones and that is fed a vegetarian diet. And if buying pre-made chicken burgers, check the ingredients to make sure there’s no added sugars, dairy, flour etc.
Enjoy this patty with any healthy side (like my Sweet Potato Kale Crunch) for a delicious, well rounded meal.
COCONUT CHICKEN PATTIES
4 chicken burgers
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp flax meal
1. Preheat oven to about 375.
2. Line two baking dishes with tin foil.
3. In a bowl, mix the coconut flour and flax meal.
4. Coat all 4 burgers with olive oil and dip both sides in the coconut/flax mixture. Then put in baking dish. It helps to spoon a little extra coconut/ flax mixture on after dipping to ensure that the burgers are covered.
5. Bake for approx. 15 minutes, then switch sides and bake for another 15 minutes.
And voila! Easy peasy and delicious!