Some (most) mornings all you have time for is a quick shower and breakfast on the run.
So when you have a morning where you can slow down, make a big cup of coffee, and whip up something special, like this gluten-free cinnamon raisin french toast, you stay in your pj’s and get cookin’.
Most mornings I prefer keeping it light, especially when teaching (or taking) a Yoga class, and breakfast often consists of an RxBar, siggi’s yogurt, or scrambled eggs and avocado. But when this past Sunday rolled around, and Michael and I had NO commitments or plans (the best, lets be honest), I decided to make the most of the day and cook up a healthy, but delish brunch for us.
If you know me, you know I don’t like any long, complicated, or time-consuming meal, so you can rest assured that that this one is super simple and quick. As in 4 ingredients and 15 minutes start to finish.
Details below. Save this recipe for holiday morning brunch or those cold, lazy winter weekends.
Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon French Toast
6 pieces gluten-free apple cinnamon bread (I grabbed mine from the farmer’s market from Amaranth Gluten Free Bakery– local Philly bakery, and is the best version I’ve ever had).
Raw maple syrup, raw honey, or coconut sugar syrup (what I used)
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Crack and mix eggs in a mixing bowl
- Dip bread in eggs until fully covered and place in heated pan
- Toss cinnamon on cooking bread.
- After approximately 2 minutes, flip bread to cook on other side. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on other side (optional)
- Flip one more time/ cook until brown on both sides.
- Plate and drizzle with syrup of choice.
- Enjoy immediately